Featured in the Living Well Eating Smart newsletter issue #79 (September 20th to November 14th, 2018).
Recipe and image from Smart Chicken. Visit their website for more delicious chicken recipes.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. Prepare rice blend according to package directions and set aside.
4. In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion, carrots, celery and garlic. Cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Reduce heat.
5. Add red cooking wine and sprinkle flour over vegetables, stirring until flour has coated vegetables.
6. Slowly stir in chicken broth and half and half.
7. Stir in cooked chicken and prepared rice and quinoa blend until all ingredients are combined.
8. Add shaved cauliflower, seasoning blend, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat.
9. Simmer on low to medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Total Fat 7 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 60 mg
Sodium 290 mg
Carbohydrates 16 g
Fiber 2 g
Protein 23 g