DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Coat a 9x13-inch baking pan with cooking spray, set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, water, oil and eggs, mix well. Pour into prepared baking pan and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
4. Remove from oven, cover with a dish towel and allow to cool completely. Once cool, cut up cake and place in a large bowl. Using two forks, crumble cake until you have very fine cake crumbs. Add frosting and mix until there is no frosting visible, fold in mini chocolate chips. Working quickly, roll mixture into 1-inch balls and place on a parchment paper covered baking sheet. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour or overnight.
5. Place each bag of white chocolate chips into two microwave-safe bowls, Melt chocolate in microwave on medium heat in 20-second intervals until chocolate is melted, stirring often. Add a few drops of red and yellow food coloring to one of the bowls to achieve an orange color. Dip the tip of each lollipop stick into the melted chocolate and insert about halfway into a cake ball. Holding the stick, gently coat the cake ball in the melted chocolate, rotating until it is fully covered. Dip half of the cake balls in the white chocolate and half in the orange chocolate. Once covered, remove, letting excess chocolate fall off, carefully insert lollipop stick in a Styrofoam block and let harden. Once hard, decorate by making scary faces with the black icing gel.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsCalories: 279 (Calories from Fat: 126)
Total Fat: 14g (Saturated Fat: 8g)
Total Carbohydrates: 39g (Dietary Fiber: 1g