Easy to make, quick to cook and fun to eat, there is just something about skewered foods that makes them so appealing. Here, we changes things up a bit and paired shrimp with a delightful summery peach salsa. The flavors are bright and fresh - just right for a hot day.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. In a medium bowl, combine peaches, bell pepper, onion, jalapeno, lime juice and 2 tablespoons cilantro; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste just before serving.
5. In a large bowl, combine oil, lemon juice, garlic, mustard, red pepper flakes, 1/4 cup cilantro and salt and pepper to taste, mix well.
6. Add shrimp and stir well to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour or overnight.
7. Spray grill grate with cooking spray and preheat to medium.
7. Remove shrimp from marinade and thread onto skewers (if using wood skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes before adding shrimp), leaving a small space between each, discard marinade.
8. Grill shrimp for about 3 to 4 minutes per side or until flesh is pearly and opaque.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Calories: 197 (Calories from Fat: 45)
Total Fat: 5g (Saturated Fat: 1g)
Total Carbohydrates: 11g (Dietary Fiber: 2g