Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 8 to 12 Minutes
Meatless meals can be hearty and satisfying. When making a veggie-centric sandwich, load up on veggies that you can really sink your teeth into, like eggplant. Our savory and filling sandwich will make even the most devoted meat-lover enjoy a meatless change of pace.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Preheat grill to medium heat.
4. In a small bowl, combine oil, garlic, oregano and salt and pepper to taste. Generously brush eggplant slices on both sides with oil mixture.
5. Place eggplant on grill and cook for 4 to 6 minutes per side.
6. Evenly divide arugula over bottom halves of ciabattas. Top each with 2 to 3 slices eggplant, 2 slices tomato, 3 basil leaves and 2 to 3 slices cheese.
7. Brush inside of top ciabatta bread halves with Italian dressing and place on top of sandwiches. Serve immediately.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Information Per Serving:
Calories: 421 (Calories from Fat: 180)
Total Fat: 20g (Saturated Fat: 7g)
Total Carbohydrates: 46g (Dietary Fiber: 10g