Featured in the Living Well Eating Smart newsletter issue #82 (March 21st to May 15th, 2019).
Recipe from Nature Nate's. Visit their website for more mouth-watering culinary inspirations.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Line loaf pan with wax paper and spray with cooking spray.
4. In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and baking soda. Set aside.
5. In a separate bowl, mix instant coffee with water. Blend in oil, honey, orange zest and whiskey.
6. In a large bowl, beat eggs with an electric mixer until frothy. Add to the honey mixture.
7. Combine flour mixture alternately with the honey mixture. Start with flour and end with flour. Stir in walnuts.
8. Pour batter into prepared pan. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, removing aluminum foil after first 30 minutes of cooking.
9. Test for doneness with a toothpick. Cake is done when a toothpick comes out clean.
10. Turn cake upside down onto a wire rack. Cool completely. Peel off wax paper and wrap in aluminum foil to keep fresh.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Total Fat 8 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 30 mg
Sodium 60 mg
Carbohydrates 41 g
Fiber 0 g
Protein 4 g