Want to give a gift that takes thought and time but also has your own personal touch? Check out this easy homemade gift idea from McCormick.
Recipe from McCormick & Company featured on Western Mass News December 17th, 2015. For more holiday inspirations, visit www.mccormick.com
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
---FOR FRUITCAKE MIX---
1. Mix all ingredients except vanilla extract in small bowl until blended. Spoon mixture into a small plastic bag. Seal bag closed with festive ribbon or twist tie.
2. Place bag inside a small microwavable coffee mug with the bottle of vanilla extract to give as a gift. Attach directions for making Fruitcake in a Mug (see below).
---FOR MAKING FRUITCAKE IN A MUG---
1. Remove bag of Fruitcake Mix and bottle of vanilla from coffee mug.
2. Microwave 1 tablespoon buttery spread in coffee mug on HIGH 30 seconds or until melted.
3. Add contents of Fruitcake Mix bag, milk and vanilla; mix well.
4. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute or until center looks almost set. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Caution: Mug may be hot! Use pot holders when removing from microwave.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!