Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: Cook 1 Hour, Grill 8 Minutes
August/September 2019 Dig In Recipe
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Blot ribs dry with a paper towel. Remove the thin white membrane on the back of each rack of ribs and discard. Wash hands after handling raw pork.
5. In a small bowl, combine ginger, garlic powder, brown sugar, onion powder, thyme, nutmeg, cayenne pepper and salt and pepper to taste. Rub both sides of each rack of ribs with spice mixture, massaging into crevices. Wrap each rack in a double layer of foil, crimping edges to seal tightly. Wash hands after handling raw pork. Place each foil packet on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 1 hour or until meat is fork-tender at the thickest part but not falling off the bone; let cool slightly.
6. While ribs are cooking, in a medium saucepan over medium heat, add oil. Once hot, add garlic and cook for 2 minutes or until garlic is soft but not brown. Add honey, soy sauce, ketchup, lime juice and pepper. Simmer for 15 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly. Remove from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes. If making ahead, stop here. Let ribs and sauce cool completely and store in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days. When ready to serve, follow grilling instructions. Reheat sauce in microwave until warmed though.
7. Generously coat grill grate with cooking spray and preheat on medium-high. Remove ribs from foil and grill for 4 minutes per side, generously basting with honey garlic sauce and turning occasionally. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest 10 minutes. Slice between ribs and serve with reserved sauce.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Information Per Serving: Calories: 1
483 (Calories from Fat: 1026)
Total Fat: 114g (Saturated Fat: 32g)
Total Carbohydrates: 53g (Dietary Fiber: 0g