Prep Time: 35 Minutes
Cooking Time: Bake 20 to 25 Minutes, Chill 2 Hours-Overnight
Directions1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on low speed, combine flour, 3 tablespoons sugar and salt until just blended. Add cream cheese and butter and mix for 45 seconds or until just combined. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw flour.
3. With the mixer running, add sour cream and vanilla and mix until all the ingredients are combined. Note: Dough will be soft and sticky.
4. Knead dough just until it comes together and shape it into a square or rectangle; divide into 4 equal portions. Flatten each portion into 1-inch-thick disks, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
5. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
6. Wash hands with soap and water.
7. In a food processor, combine remaining sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, raisins, apples and cranberries; pulse until finely chopped. Transfer filling to a bowl and set aside until the dough is ready.
8. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Remove disks from refrigerator and unwrap. If dough has become cold and hard, let it sit at room temperature for 10 minutes or until it is easy to roll.
9. Lightly flour a work surface and rolling pin. Roll 1 disk into a 10-inch square and trim the edges to be even. Using a thin spatula, spread apricot preserves evenly over the dough; top with ½ cup filling. Using your hands, press filling into the dough.
10. Using a pizza cutter or very sharp knife, cut dough into twelve equal wedges (just like you would cut a pizza). Roll each wedge up, beginning with the wide end and ending at a point. Place the rolls point-side down, about an inch apart, on the prepared baking sheets. Repeat with the remaining dough, apricot preserves and filling.
11. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw flour.
12. In a small bowl, whisk together egg and water; brush onto tops of rugelach.
13. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Note: Reverse the baking sheets after 10 minutes of baking, front to back and top to bottom, to ensure even browning; transfer to wire racks to cool.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving
Total Fat 11 g
Saturated Fat 5.00 g
Cholesterol 25.00 mg
Sodium 69.00 mg
Carbohydrates 18.00 g
Fiber 1.00 g
Sugar 10.00 g
Protein 2.00 g
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more