DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Coat grill grate with non-stick cooking spray and preheat to medium-high.
2. Add toppings for pizza of your choice (see below). Place topped 12-inch Big Y frozen cheese pizza on grill, cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the temperature of the pizza is 160°F. Remove from grill with a large spatula and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
1. Combine 2 minced garlic cloves, 1/4 cup drained and chopped canned artichoke hearts, 3 sliced baby portobella mushrooms, ½ chopped small red onion, 12 pitted and halved black olives and 1/2 chopped medium red bell pepper, toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon each fresh chopped basil, oregano and rosemary and Big Y salt and ground black pepper to taste. Place veggie mixture on top of frozen pizza and grill.
SAUSAGE, PEPPER & ONION
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Once hot, add 1/2 pound crumbled Italian sausage, 1 sliced and seeded red bell pepper, 1 sliced small sweet onion and 2 minced garlic cloves; cook for 10 minutes or until sausage is cooked through; drain. Place sausage mixture on top of frozen pizza and grill.
1. Top frozen pizza with 3 to 4 slices deli ham cut into bite-size pieces, 1/2 cup Big Y pineapple tidbits and 4 slices cooked and chopped Big Y bacon and grill.
1. Shred 11/4 cups thawed frozen pre-grilled chicken strips and toss with 1/4 cup Big Y Louisiana hot sauce. Spread chicken mixture over surface of frozen pizza and top with a 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese and grill. Once grilled, top with a few more dashes of hot sauce, additional crumbled blue cheese and sliced scallions.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!