French Toast with Almonds & Roasted Plums
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a small bowl, combine plums, brown sugar, water, 1 teaspoon vanilla and ½ teaspoon cinnamon; toss to coat plums well. Spread out plums, in an even layer, in a 9x13-inch pan; pour any liquid over top. Roast for 20 minutes or until softened. Remove from heat and keep warm; reserve any liquid.
3. Reduce oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. In a large shallow bowl, whisk together eggs, half-and-half, honey, nutmeg, salt and remaining vanilla and cinnamon. Soak as many bread slices in the egg mixture as possible for 5 minutes, turning once. Repeat with remaining bread slices.
5. In a large skillet over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons butter. Add soaked bread slices in a single layer and cook for 4 minutes per side or until nicely browned. Place cooked French toast on a sheet pan and keep warm in the oven. Cook remaining bread slices, adding more butter as needed.
6. Serve hot with roasted plums, a drizzling of plum liquid, maple syrup and almonds.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving Calories: 345 (Calories from Fat: 135)
Total Fat: 15g (Saturated Fat: 8g)
Total Carbohydrates: 42g (Dietary Fiber: 2g