Big Y Life in Balance January 2014
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Trim tortillas to fit in a 9-inch springform pan; set tortillas aside.
3. Spray springform pan with cooking spray and set aside.
4. In a large saucepan over medium heat, add oil.
5. Once hot, add onion, garlic and ground beef and cook for 8 minutes or until beef is cooked through, breaking up meat with the back of a spoon; drain and return pan to stove.
6. Add jalapeño, tomatoes, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper to taste, enchilada sauce, corn and black beans and mix to combine.
7. Place 1 tortilla in the bottom of the prepared springform pan; top with a third of the beef mixture, cilantro and cheese, spreading to the edges of the tortilla.
8. Repeat two more times, ending with cheese.
9. Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until mixture is hot and cheese has melted.
10. Carefully run a knife along the sides of the pan before you remove the side.
11. Cut into wedges, top with scallions and serve.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving: Calories: 407 (Calories from Fat: 198)
Total Fat: 22g (Saturated Fat: 10g)
Total Carbohydrates: 31g (Dietary Fiber: 6g