Recipe courtesy of ChopChop. Featured on 1/5/18 Western Mass News Segment with Carrie Taylor, RDN, LDN and Andrea Luttrell, RDN, LDN.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Crack the egg into a bowl and use a fork to beat until well mixed. Wash hands after handling raw egg.
3. Warm a small sauté pan over medium heat. When the pan is hot, add oil and let heat for another 30 seconds.
4. Add the egg to the pan and let set for around 10 to 15 seconds.
5. Put the tortilla on top of the egg and press down a little – the egg should still be soft enough so the tortilla will stick to it. Let the egg set until it doesn’t look runny, then use a spatula to flip the whole thing, so the tortilla is now on the bottom of the pan.
6. Sprinkle cheese over the egg. Cook until the cheese is melted, the egg is set and the tortilla is nicely browned.
7. Fold in half, egg and cheese side in, and serve immediately. Top with salsa or other toppings if desired.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!