Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: Cook 25 Minutes
November/December 2022 Dig In the Big Y Magazine
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place bacon, in a single layer, in a large nonstick skillet. Wash hands after handling raw bacon.
- Place skillet over medium heat and cook for 8 minutes. Flip and cook for 5 minutes or until bacon just begins to crisp and is still pliable. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate. Repeat with remaining bacon.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut out 12 circles from the bread slices.
- Fill muffin tin cups with two slices of partially cooked bacon each, wrapping in a circle. Place bread slices in center of each cup.
- Evenly divide cheese among cups and add egg to each. Wash hands after handling raw eggs.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook until both yolk and white are firm, about 12 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Calories: 200, Total Fat: 11g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 205mg, Sodium: 443mg, Total Carbohydrates: 12g, Dietary Fiber: 1g, Sugars: 1g, Protein: 13g