Nothing gets the tails wagging like a pet biscuit, which means it’s time to bake! Check out these yogurt-powered favorites for your dog or cat. Great for gifts! Recipe from Stonyfield Organic.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. In a large bowl, combine oats, cornmeal and crushed stock cubes. Add 1/2 cup warm water and stir to moisten. Let stand 10 minutes,
4. Add the beaten egg, yogurt, and shredded cheddar. Stir until well blended. Stir in flour. Add just enough water to make a rollable dough.
5. Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness. Using dog bone cookie cutter or a 2.5-inch diameter glass, cut biscuits. Place on prepared sheets.
6. Gather up scraps, roll and repeat until all dough is used. Wash hands after handling raw dough.
7. Bake biscuits for 30 to 35 minutes. Turn off oven, leaving biscuits in oven to cool completely.
8. Store in a covered container.