Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 1 Hour Total
If you’re hosting holiday guests, get creative with your cooking to make an unforgettable contribution to the menu. Our delicious recipe for spinach pie will simultaneously please and impress and will disappear in no time.
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Spray an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray, set aside.
3. In a large pot over medium-high heat, add oil. Once hot, add scallions and garlic and cook for 2 minutes, stirring often. Add spinach and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring as needed, until just wilted, transfer to a medium bowl. Add feta cheese, mozzarella cheese, cottage cheese, dill, parsley, eggs and salt and pepper to taste, mix well.
4. Place 3 sheets of pyllo dough in the bottom of the prepared pan, brushing each sheet with some melted butter, top with half the spinach mixture.
5. Add 3 more sheets phyllo dough on top, spreading each with some melted butter.
6. Top with remaining spinach mixture and cover with 5 sheets of phyllo dough, brushing each sheet with melted butter, trim edges of dough to fit pan.
7. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsCalories: 230 (Calories from Fat: 117)
Total Fat: 13g (Saturated Fat: 6g)
Total Carbohydrates: 18g (Fiber: 3g