Mariani Nut Company knows how to get mouths watering with their delectable, wholesome almond- and walnut-based recipes. Try this deconstructed bowl of goodness on for size! Featured in the Living Well Eating Smart newsletter issue #73 (September 21st, to November 15th, 2017).
Recipe image and nutrition analysis provided by Mariani® Nut Company. For more almond-inspired recipes visit marianinut.com
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. For filling: beat cream cheese in a medium bowl until light and fluffy.
4. Beat in yogurt, honey and extract. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
5. For crust: preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and lightly grease a small baking sheet with melted butter.
6. Stir together all crust ingredients in a medium bowl until well mixed.
7. Press mixture into a 1/4-inch-thick layer on baking sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Let cool, then break into pieces.
9. For topping: to assemble tart, spoon equal amounts of filling into 6 small bowls. Top with crust and topping ingredients.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, Visit fightbac.org
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Total Fat 21 g
Saturated Fat 11 g
Cholesterol 45 mg
Sodium 240 mg
Carbohydrates 35 g
Fiber 4 g
Protein 11 g