Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Who says rich, chocolate-y brownies can't be better-for-you? We've swapped the oil and butter in traditional recipes with avocado for less saturated fat. You won't be able to taste the difference!
Recipe provided by Avocados From Mexico. Featured on the Living Well Eating Smart segment on Western Mass News on December 3, 2015 and in the Living Well Eating Smart newsletter issue #68 (November 17th 2016 to January 11th 2017).
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Line an 8x8-inch cake pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
4. Beat eggs and sugar with electric mixer at medium speed until bubbly and fluffy. Wash hands after handling raw eggs.
5. Place chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high in 15 second increments, stirring in between, until melted.
6. With mixer running, add chocolate to egg mixture. Fold in cocoa, salt, vanilla and flour. Wash hands after handling raw flour.
7. Mash avocados in separate bowl until very smooth. Add to batter and mix well.
8. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center of the pan comes out clean. Let cool before slicing.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Facts Per Brownie:
Total Fat 8.5 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 47 mg
Sodium 58 mg
Carbohydrates 26 g
Fiber 4 g
Protein 4 g