- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Rinse fresh produce.
- Place a coffee filter in a metal strainer set over a bowl. Add yogurt and let sit for about an hour to remove as much liquid as possible. Set aside.
- Grate cucumber halves using a cheese grater. Sprinkle lightly with salt and squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- Place cucumber in a medium bowl and add mix in strained yogurt, garlic, lemon juice, dill, chives and salt and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
- Serve with a variety of cut-up vegetables.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Calories: 40, Total Fat: 0g, Saturated Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 3mg, Sodium: 21mg, Carbohydrates: 3g, Fiber: 0g, Sugars: 2g, Protein: 6g