DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. In a large bowl, add sirloin tips; generously season with salt and pepper and toss to coat well.
2. Heat a large skillet over high heat. As the pan heats up, add 2 tablespoons butter; allow butter to melt and turn light brown. Add a third of the meat, in a single layer, and let cook for 30 to 45 seconds or until brown without disrupting the meat. Flip meat over and cook for an additional 30 to 45 seconds or until browned all over and medium-rare in the center; remove meat from pan. Return skillet to stove and repeat process until all the meat is cooked; keep meat warm.
3. Return skillet to stove and over medium heat, melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Add garlic, shallots and mushrooms and saute for 5 minutes or until softened; remove from skillet and add to meat.
4. Return skillet to stove and over medium heat, add cream, milk and salt and pepper to taste; mix well.
5. Gradually add shredded cheese, ¼ cup at a time, stirring well after each addition until melted and slightly thickened.
6. Add meat mixture, thyme and salt and pepper to taste and cook until heated through. Serve with pasta, rice or mashed potatoes if desired.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, Visit fightbac.org
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving
Calories: 531 (Calories from Fat: 315)
Total Fat: 35g (Saturated Fat: 20g)
Total Carbohydrates: 7g (Dietary Fiber: 1g