Cranberry Pecan Rice Pilaf
Recipe featured in the Living Well Eating Smart newsletter #57 (dated 1/15/15 - 3/25/15)
Recipe from USA Rice Federation®. For more delicious recipes, visit their website.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Spread pecans on a small baking sheet and bake 5 to 8 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Set aside.
5. Over medium heat, melt buttery spread in a 2-quart saucepan. Add rice, stir and cook 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Add stock and heat to boiling, stirring once or twice.
7. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat.
8. Stir in cheese, cranberries, pecans and onions. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!