Recipe featured in the Living Well Eating Smart newsletter #60 (dated 7/16-9/23/15). Serve over grilled fruit, ice cream or mixed into seltzer or your favorite cocktail.
Recipe from partybluprints.com. For other cranberry-inspired recipes, visit the Cranberry Marketing Committee website.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Combine all ingredients in a nonstick saucepan.
3. Heat on medium heat, while stirring occasionally. Once mixture comes to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer, while stirring, until sauce thickens.
4. Remove sauce from heat and allow to cool. Puree using a blender or immersion blender.
6. Place a fine sieve strainer over a glass bowl and strain mixture. Use a spatula to help pass all liquid through the sieve, leaving the solids behind.
7. If mixture appears too thick, return to saucepan and whisk in 1 to 2 teaspoons water and heat on medium while stirring to obtain desired consistency.
8. Store refrigerated in an airtight container until ready to use.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!