Coppa and Bean Stew (Stufato di Coppa e Fagioli)
Directions1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce items under cold running water before prepping.
3. Using butcher’s twine, tie thyme, parsley and bay leaves into tight bundle. Set aside.
4. Cut coppa into ½-inch pieces. Wash hands with soap and water after handling.
5. In a large pot, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and coppa and heat on medium to high heat. Once crisp, remove with slotted spoon and place on paper towels to dry.
6. Using the same pot, add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add onion, carrot and celery. Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes, until softened. Stir occasionally to prevent burning.
7. Add garlic, cloves and half the coppa to pot. Stir.
8. Add herb bundle, beans, salt, pepper and stock to pot. Bring to a boil.
9. Reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook until beans are tender, about 1 hour.
10. Serve topped with chopped parsley and remaining coppa.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsBig Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more