Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 1 Hour
February 2023 Dig In Recipe
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Coat a loaf pan with cooking spray; set aside.
4. In a large bowl, combine ground beef, 1 cup pasta sauce, breadcrumbs, eggs, shallots, garlic, cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
5. Place mixture in prepared pan. Wash hands after handling raw beef and eggs.
6. Cook until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit as verified with an instant-read food thermometer, about 1 hour.
7. Top with remaining sauce during the last 10 minutes of cook time. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Calories: 233, Total Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 117mg, Sodium: 434mg, Carbohydrates: 12g, Fiber: 1g, Sugars: 5g, Protein: 21g