Baked Stuffed Shrimp Seafood Supper Club
Click here to see the crabmeat stuffing recipe used in this recipe.
Get inspired and make this recipe tonight! Click to watch it being prepared.
2022 Seafood Supper Club Holiday Recipe
- Wash hands with soap and running water.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Starting from the split on the back, peel the shell off each shrimp, leaving the tails on, and discard shells.
- Carefully “butterfly” each shrimp using a small paring knife. Make a cut about 3/4 of the way into shrimp near the head and cut down the back of the shrimp, ending at the tail. Do not cut all the way through the shrimp. Wash hands after handling raw shrimp.
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place shrimp butterflied side down and press down to flatten the shrimp. Tails should be facing upwards.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Place a golf-ball-sized of crab stuffing onto each shrimp, press down to cover surface area of shrimp, and top with a thin tab of butter.
- Curl the shrimp tails over the top of the stuffing. Wash hands after handling raw shrimp.
- Drizzle white wine or water over the shrimp and onto baking sheet.
- Bake until the flesh is pearly and opaque all the way through, about 15 to 17 minutes.
- Remove from oven, plate, and serve immediately with your choice of accompaniment.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!