Featured by the Living Well Eating Smart Wellness Team during the iHeart Radio Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign, October 2020.
Recipe and image from Seafood Nutrition Partnership. Visit their website for more seafood recipe inspirations.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Spray baking dish with non-stick spray.
5. Place cod in dish. Wash hands after handling raw fish. Cover pan tightly with aluminum foil.
6. Bake fish for 15 minutes or until reaching an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit, as confirmed with an instant-read food thermometer, and fish is opaque throughout.
7. While fish cooks, puree chilies (or tomato paste mixed with smoked paprika), 2 tablespoons lime juice, oil, sugar, oregano, salt, onion powder and garlic powder in a blender or food processor.
8. Pour pepper mixture over cooked fish and break into chunks to evenly distribute. Cover to keep warm.
9. In a small bowl, combine pineapple, onion, cilantro, jalapeño, 1 teaspoon lime juice and pinch of salt.
10. Portion out four bowls, each with: 1/2 cup rice, 1/2 cup black beans, 3 to 4 ounces seasoned fish and 1/4 cup pineapple salsa as topping.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!