Prep Time: 40 Minutes
Cooking Time: 13 Minutes
Recipe provided by Smucker's. For more inspiration, please visit www.smuckers.com/recipes
Directions1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. In a large bowl, beat butter, shortening and brown sugar with an electric mixer on high speed until light and fluffy.
4. Add egg yolks, vanilla and salt. Wash hands after handling raw eggs. Beat until blended.
5. Gradually add flour, mixing until blended.
6. Place pecans or walnuts in small bowl. Roll dough into 48 (1-inch) balls. Roll in nuts to coat. Place on baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Using your index finger, make a round indentation in top center of each ball of dough. Wash hands with soap and water.
7. Bake 8 minutes. Remove from oven. Reshape center indentations, as necessary. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon fruit spread into each indentation.
8. Bake an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes. Remove from baking sheets to wire rack to cool completely.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!