Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: Raise 50 Minutes, Bake 25 Minutes
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. In a large bowl, combine yeast and warm water. Let stand for 10 minutes or until yeast dissolves. Add buttermilk and oil and mix well.
3. In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt and baking soda; stir into yeast mixture, 1 cup at a time, until a soft dough forms.
4. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and, with floured hands, knead 20 times. Cover and let rest for 20 minutes. Wash hands after handling raw flour.
5. In a small bowl, combine butter, brown sugar and cinnamon.
6. On a floured surface, roll dough out into a large rectangle. Evenly spread butter mixture over dough, roll up into a log and pinch the seam to seal. Slice into 1-inch pieces and place cut side up in a large baking dish, coated with cooking spray. Cover and let rise 30 minutes. Wash hands after handling raw flour.
7. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown; let cool until just warm to the touch.
8. In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, vanilla and 2 tablespoons milk until smooth and lump free, adding remaining tablespoon milk to thin out if needed. Drizzle over warm rolls and serve.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Information Per Serving Calories: 202 (Calories from Fat: 72)
Total Fat: 8g (Saturated Fat: 5g)
Total Carbohydrates: 30g (Dietary Fiber: 1g