Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 4 minutes
One of the best New Year's resolutions you can share with your children is to enjoy a well-balanced breakfast each morning. Have your family start the day on the right foot with these easy to make Cinnamon French Toast Sticks paired up with fresh fruit. It will easily become a household favorite!
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Prepare dipping sauce by combining 3/4 cup yogurt, syrup and 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Beat eggs and remaining yogurt and cinnamon in a shallow dish until blended.
3. Cut each bread slice into 3 to 4 wide sticks. Soak bread sticks in egg mixture, turning once.
4. Coat large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot.
5. Place bread sticks in skillet in two batches. Cook over medium to medium-low heat until golden brown and no visible liquid egg remains, about 1 to 2 minutes per side. Clean skillet and repeat to cook remaining bread.
6. Serve French toast sticks with dipping sauce.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsRecipe and image courtesy of the American Egg Board. Visit their website for more egg-inspired recipes.
Recipe featured in 2016 Baby Y e-newsletter.