Recipe provided by McCormick.
Get inspired and watch us cook up this delicious recipe!
Holiday Recipes SS 2022
1. Wash hands with soap and running water.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit, spray large oven-safe skillet with cooking spray.
3. In a small bowl, whisk 1/4 cup granulated sugar, cinnamon and allspice. Makes about 1/2 cup.
4. In the bowl of stand mixer with dough hook attached, whisk flour, baking powder and remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar; with mixer on medium-low speed, slowly add 3/4 cup milk and 1/4 cup butter. Wash hands after handling raw flour.
5. Add eggs, 1 at a time, making sure each egg is fully incorporated before adding the next. Wash hands after handling raw eggs. Increase speed to medium; knead dough 5 minutes or until soft and comes together.
6. Remove half the dough from bowl; add green food color to bowl and knead 2 minutes or until incorporated, scraping down side of bowl occasionally. Remove green dough from bowl; clean bowl and dough hook.
7. Add remaining half dough to bowl; add red food coloring to bowl and knead 2 minutes or until fully incorporated, scraping down side of bowl occasionally.
8. On lightly floured work surface, knead green dough 4 minutes or until smooth and elastic; roll out into 12 x 9-inch rectangle.
9. Brush dough with 1 tablespoon melted butter; sprinkle with 3 tablespoons granulated sugar mixture.
10. Starting with long side of rectangle, tightly roll up dough; cut crosswise into 8 pieces. Repeat process with red dough.
11. Alternately place dough pieces, cut side up, in prepared skillet, leaving 1/2-inch space between each piece; brush with remaining 1 tablespoon melted butter and sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons granulated sugar mixture. Wash hands after handling raw dough.
12. Bake cinnamon rolls until edges are tinted golden, about 35 minutes. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes.
13. In a medium bowl, with mixer on medium-low speed, whisk cream cheese, powdered sugar and remaining 1/4 cup milk until smooth. Spread over hot cinnamon rolls. Makes 16 rolls.
Chef Tip: When kneading dough, dust your hands and tops of dough with flour to prevent sticking.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Total Fat  11 g
Cholesterol  52 mg
Sodium  62 mg
Carbohydrates  31 g
Fiber  2 g
Protein  5 g