1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. In a small bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt; set aside. Wash hands after handling raw flour.
3. In a large bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat together both sugars, butter and extracts until well combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Gradually beat in dry ingredients until well blended; fold in chocolate chips. Cover bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour. Wash hands after handling raw dough.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line cookies sheets with parchment and set aside.
6. Remove chilled dough and, using a tablespoon, roll into balls. Toss in powdered sugar to heavily coat and place on prepared cookie sheets. Wash hands after handling raw dough.
7. Bake for 10 minutes or until cookies crackle and are cooked through. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 2 minutes before flattening with the back of a spatula; transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Information Per Serving:
Total Fat 5 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 22 mg
Sodium 56 mg
Carbohydrates 16 g
Fiber 1 g
Sugars 10 g
Protein 2 g