Directions1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Wash hands with soap and water.
3. Line 12 cupcake molds or muffin tins with paper liners or spray with no-stick cooking spray.
4. To make cupcakes, sift together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
5. In a medium bowl, whisk together egg, light brown sugar and cane sugar. Wash hands with soap and running water after handling raw egg.
6. Whisk in milk, coffee and melted butter.
7. Whisk dry ingredients into medium bowl with wet ingredients.
8. Fold in chocolate chips.
9. Divide batter evenly among cupcake molds, filling each about three-quarters full.
10. Bake for 15 minutes, or until tester inserted in the middle of the cupcakes comes out clean.
11. Cool for 10 minutes.
12. Using a small spatula or knife, remove cupcakes from pan and continue to cool on a wire rack to room temperature.
13. To make frosting, mix softened butter and cream cheese together with a hand-held or standing mixer.
14. Add vanilla and caramel sauce until thoroughly mixed.
15 Gradually add powdered sugar, beating at a low speed, until well combined.
16 Once cupcakes are completely cooled, wash hands with soap and running water once more.
17. Spread frosting on top of cupcakes and drizzle with caramel sauce.
18. Embellish further by placing a caramel square on each cupcake top.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsRecipe provided by Ghirardelli Chocolate Company. For more inspiration, please visit: http://www.ghirardelli.com/
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more