DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Chop chicken into bite-size pieces; set aside.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, add oil. Once hot, add onion and garlic and sauté for 3 minutes.
3. Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Add chipotle pepper, adobo sauce, jalapeño pepper, tomato sauce, lime juice, chili powder, paprika, cumin, salt to taste and water and stir to combine.
5. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sauce has thickened.
6. Wash and dry the lettuce.
7. Place chicken mixture in the center of each leaf and add some tomatoes, avocado and cilantro leaves.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving: Calories: 110 (Calories from Fat: 36)
Total Fat: 4g (Saturated Fat: 1g)
Total Carbohydrates: 5g (Dietary Fiber: 2g