DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Lightly coat an 8-inch round cake pan with cooking spray and flour; set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, toss cherries with ½ teaspoon flour; set aside.
4. In another medium bowl, combine both flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
5. In a large bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed, cream together butter and sugar.
6. Add whole egg and beat well. Add egg yolk and beat well.
7. Add yogurt, applesauce, nutmeg and both extracts and beat at low speed until well combined.
8. Add flour mixture, a little at a time, beating well after each addition.
9. Pour mixture in the prepared pan and bake for 10 minutes.
10. Remove from oven and carefully top with cherry preserves and cherries.
11. Place back in the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
12. Remove and let cool for 30 minutes.
13. Invert cake over top a plate and gently shake to remove cake from pan.
14. Invert another plate on top of cake and flip so that the cake is now right-side-up on second plate; top with almonds.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving: Calories: 236 (Calories from Fat: 54)
Total Fat: 6g (Saturated Fat: 3g)
Total Carbohydrates: 42g (Dietary Fiber: 2g