DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large, nonstick saucepan over medium heat, bring water to a boil. Add 1/2 cup butter; stir until it melts.
3. Add flour, sugar and salt; stir for a few seconds until a ball forms.
4. Remove from heat, place in a large mixing bowl and let cool for 5 minutes.
5. Add eggs, 1 at a time, and beat at medium speed, beating well after each addition; let stand for 10 minutes.
6. Place dough into a pastry bag fitted with a large tip (i.e., #4B).
7. Pipe dough into 1 1/2-inch spiral circles, 2 inches apart, onto parchment-lined large baking sheets.
8. Bake each sheet for 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Remove from oven and turn off.
10. Make a small hole in the base of each pastry to release any steam; return to oven for 3 to 5 minutes to dry them out.
11. After pastries have cooled completely, place cheesecake filling in a pastry bag fitted with a small tip (i.e., #12) and fill each shell.
12. In a small bowl using an electric mixer on low speed, beat together butter, almond extract and milk.
13. Sprinkle confectioners sugar over top and beat on medium speed until smooth, adding a little more milk if needed.
14. Place 1/3 of the glaze into a sandwich bag; set aside.
15. Add a drop or two of red food coloring to the remaining glaze; stir until combined.
16. Spoon pink glaze over each pastry, then snip corner off of sandwich bag and drizzle each pastry with white glaze.
17. Top with a dollop of whipped topping and a strawberry wedge. Serve immediately.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving: Calories: 160 (Calories from Fat: 99)
Total Fat: 11g (Saturated Fat: 7g)
Total Carbohydrates: 13g (Dietary Fiber: 0g