Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: Cook 20 Minutes
June/July 2019 Dig In Recipe
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. In a large skillet over medium heat, add butter and oil. Once butter melts, add onion and jalapeño and cook for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low, add brown sugar and salt and pepper to taste and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
4. Add beer and cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes or until onions are a golden brown and liquid has evaporated; remove from skillet and let cool.
5. Once cool, place mixture in a food processor and process until just chopped; place into a medium bowl. Add mustard and mix to combine.
6. Cover and refrigerate until cold.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Information Per Serving (2-Tbsp serving): Calories: 50 (Calories from Fat: 27)
Total Fat: 3g (Saturated Fat: 1g)
Total Carbohydrates: 4g (Dietary Fiber: 1g