Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
April 2023 Dig In Recipe
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a large baking sheet with foil. Cover foil with a sheet of parchment. Evenly cover parchment with crackers, breaking crackers into smaller pieces to fit, if necessary.
- In a heavy-bottomed medium saucepan over medium heat, combine butter, brown sugar, and a generous pinch of sea salt. Cook, whisking constantly, until mixture comes to a boil, about 3 minutes. Boil for another 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and pour over top of crackers. Using a spatula, evenly spread out the mixture.
- Place sheet in oven and bake for 15 minutes, checking frequently to be sure that the mixture is not burning.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Let sit for 5 minutes before evenly spreading out melted chocolate. Sprinkle pecans and sea salt over top and let cool.
- Once cool, break up into smaller pieces.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Calories: 336, Total Fat: 22g, Saturated Fat: 10g, Cholesterol: 41mg, Sodium: 7mg, Carbohydrates: 33g, Fiber: 1g, Sugars: 19g, Protein: 3g