Cajun Chicken with Watermelon Mint Salsa
Recipe from The National Watermelon Promotion Board. For other watermelon recipes, visit their website.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together watermelon, lime juice, tomatoes, jalapeno, cilantro, mint and scallions. Cover and refrigerate salsa until ready to serve.
4. In a small bowl, mix together garlic powder, chili powder, cumin and paprika. Coat both sides of chicken breasts with spice mixture and discard any remaining spices. Wash hands after handling raw chicken
5. Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Once pan is hot, add chicken and cook on both sides until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit with an instant-read thermometer.
6. Remove chicken from pan and top with prepared watermelon salsa to serve.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
6 g fat
0.5 g saturated fat
65 mg cholesterol
73 mg sodium
6 g carbohydrates
1 g fiber
27 g protein