This Breakfast Pudding uses milk and egg yolks as its base, making it a great way to increase vitamin D intake. Younger children will love helping you build this yummy dish as a fun breakfast or snack.
Recipe featured in December 2017 Baby Y e-newsletter. Courtesy of MilkLife.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Whisk together the sugar and cornstarch in a medium saucepan until well blended and no lumps of cornstarch remain. Slowly drizzle in the milk, whisking until smooth, then whisk in the eggs.
3. Cook the pudding over medium heat until it begins to thicken, about 5 minutes, whisking often. Reduce heat to medium-low and, using a rubber spatula, stir the pudding, scraping the sides and bottom of the pot until thickened, about 3 more minutes.
4. Off heat, whisk in the almond butter and vanilla. Transfer pudding to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, pressing it to the surface to prevent a skin from forming, and chill the pudding for at least 2 hours (can be made a day in advance).
5. To assemble parfaits, spoon 1/3 cup of the chilled pudding into each of four parfait glasses. Top with some of the berries and 2 tablespoons cereal, then layer another 1/3 cup pudding on top, followed by more berries and cereal.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!