1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Line a 9-inch pie pan with 1 pie crust, leaving 1-inch overhang; set aside.
5. In a medium saucepan, combine 1 cup blueberries with 3/4 cup sugar, lemon zest, cinnamon and nutmeg. Bring to a simmer over low heat, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes or until sugar melts and mixture is very liquid.
6. In a medium bowl, combine cornstarch and water, mixing until cornstarch dissolves; slowly whisk into blueberry mixture. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens. Add remaining blueberries; let cool.
7. Pour cooled filling into bottom crust; dot filling with butter.
8. Cut other pie crust into 10, 1/4- to 1/2-inch strips with a pastry wheel or sharp knife. Place 5 strips across filling. Weave lattice crust with remaining strips by folding back alternate strips as each cross strip is added. Fold edge of lower crust over ends of strips, seal and pinch edge of crust between your thumb and side of your index finger to flute the edges.
9. Brush top crust with beaten egg and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar.
10. Cover fluted edge with strips of foil and bake for 45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Remove foil during last 10 minutes.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!