Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: Roast 1 3/4 to 2 1/4 Hours
with Dijon Crust & Roasted Green Beans
Big Y Angus Beef
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Spread mustard evenly over all surfaces of beef roast. Press 1 cup crouton crumbs evenly onto roast over mustard. Place roast, fat side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef, not resting in fat. Wash hands after handling raw beef.
5. Roast uncovered for 1-3/4 to 2 hours for medium rare; 2 to 2-1/4 hours for medium doneness.
6. Meanwhile toss green beans with oil on metal baking sheet. Add remaining 1/4 cup crouton crumbs; toss to coat. Roast for 30 minutes.
7. Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135 degrees Fahrenheit for medium rare; 150 degrees Fahrenheit for medium. Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees Fahrenheit; continue roasting green beans 10 to 20 minutes or until tender and starting to brown.
8. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°-15 degrees Fahrenheit to reach 145 degrees Fahrenheit for medium rare; 160 degrees Fahrenheit for medium.)
9. Carve roast into slices. Season beef and green beans with salt and pepper, as desired.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition information per serving: 463 calories
19 g fat (5 g saturated fat
7 g monounsaturated fat)
129 mg cholesterol
783 mg sodium
15 g carbohydrate
0.5 g fiber
54 g protein
15 mg niacin
1.1 mg vitamin B6
2.8 mcg vitamin B12
4.8 mg iron
60.3 mcg selenium
9.6 mg zinc.