Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: Cook 30 Minutes, Grill 7 Minutes
Watch this recipe being prepared
June/July 2022 Dig In Recipe
A simple meal for the backyard chef
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Place brats in a large pot. Add onion, butter, maple syrup, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Pour beer over top and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Remove brats from beer mixture with tongs; reduce heat to low and cook onions for 20 minutes; drain and keep onions warm.
5. Coat grill grate with cooking spray and preheat to medium-high heat.
6. Score brats by making 4-5 diagonal cuts down the length of the brats, making sure not to cut all the way through.
7. Place brats on grill and cook, turning once, for 7 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit as verified with an instant-read food thermometer. Serve on rolls with onions and any additional favorite toppings.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Total Fat   29 g
Saturated Fat 10 g
Cholesterol 69 mg
Sodium       898 mg
Carbohydrates 25 g
Fiber 2 g
Sugars  6 g
Protein 18 g