1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add ground beef, bell peppers, onions and garlic. Wash hands after handling raw beef.
5. Cook for 6 minutes or until beef is cooked to a temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit as verified with an instant-read food thermometer, breaking it up with the back of a spoon; drain.
6. Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, oregano and salt and pepper to taste and continue to cook for 6 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat and set aside.
7. Divide each pizza dough into 4 equal parts and roll out each on a cutting board into a circle. Divide beef mixture between dough pieces, leaving a 1-inch border, top with cheese. Wash hands after handling raw dough.
8. Gently lift and pull top half of dough over filling to enclose, pinching dough edges to seal. Place on an ungreased baking sheet, brush tops with melted butter and bake for 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Total Fat: 28g
Saturated Fat: 14g
Total Carbohydrates: 56g
Dietary Fiber: 3g