Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 36 Minutes
This is simple yet, wonderful dish is full of flavor. Tender, juicy chicken thighs get a sweet and sticky glaze and served with a creamy yogurt sauce with a kick. Make it complete with some corn on the cob and Just Like Mom’s cole slaw for a dinner that can’t be beat!
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. In a small bowl, combine yogurt, garlic, lemon juice, cayenne pepper and salt to taste; cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
2. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, brown mustard, chili powder and salt and pepper to taste; whisk thoroughly until blended together. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and let simmer for 10 minutes, stirring often.
3. Coat grill grate with cooking spray and preheat to medium heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and place on grill; cook for 11 minutes or until skin browns. Turn chicken over and continue cooking for 11 minutes or until cooked through.
4. Generously brush top of chicken with ketchup mixture, flip and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Brush chicken with more sauce, turn and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Arrange chicken on platter and serve with yogurt mixture.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving
Calories: 607 (Calories from Fat: 351)
Total Fat: 39g (Saturated Fat: 11g)
Total Carbohydrates: 14g (Dietary Fiber: 1g