Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Directions1. Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Coat a large pot with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add garlic, celery and leeks and sauté for 3 minutes or until celery and leeks begin to soften.
2. Add chicken broth and potatoes and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
3. Remove 3 cups of the potato mixture and set aside.
4. Puree remaining mixture, in batches, in a food processor or blender until smooth; return to pot.
5. Add reserved potatoes, cheese and yogurt and simmer until cheese is melted and heated through, stirring occasionally; season with salt and pepper.
6. Garnish with shredded cheddar cheese and croutons if desired. Serve immediately.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsCalories: 260 (Calories from Fat: 54)
Total Fat: 6g (Saturated Fat: 3g)
Total Carbohydrates: 37g (Dietary Fiber: 3g