DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Coat a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
3. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 minutes or until al dente; drain. Place in a large bowl and set aside.
4. In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt 5 tablespoons butter. Sprinkle flour evenly over top and whisk to form a thick, smooth paste; cook for 1-2 minutes. Slowly add warm milk and cream, whisking constantly until smooth. Continue cooking sauce for 5-8 minutes or until it has thickened and clings to the back of a spoon. Stir slowly while sauce thickens, being sure to scrape bottom of pan.
5. Remove pan from heat and stir in cheese, one handful at a time, until melted. Stir in salt and mustard powder; pour over pasta and mix well. Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish.
6. In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt remaining tablespoon butter; add breadcrumbs and mix to combine. Top mac and cheese with moistened breadcrumbs and bake for 10-15 minutes or until mixture is bubbly and top is golden.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, Visit fightbac.org
Calories: 336 (Calories from Fat: 198)
Total Fat: 22g (Saturated Fat: 13g)
Total Carbohydrates: 22g (Dietary Fiber: 1g