Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 24 to 33 Minutes
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Coat a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
3. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 minutes or until al dente; drain. Place in a large bowl and set aside.
4. In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt 5 tablespoons butter. Sprinkle flour evenly over top and whisk to form a thick, smooth paste; cook for 1-2 minutes. Slowly add warm milk and cream, whisking constantly until smooth. Continue cooking sauce for 5-8 minutes or until it has thickened and clings to the back of a spoon. Stir slowly while sauce thickens, being sure to scrape bottom of pan.
5. Remove pan from heat and stir in cheese, one handful at a time, until melted. Stir in salt and mustard powder; pour over pasta and mix well. Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish.
6. In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt remaining tablespoon butter; add breadcrumbs and mix to combine. Top mac and cheese with moistened breadcrumbs and bake for 10-15 minutes or until mixture is bubbly and top is golden.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, Visit fightbac.org
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving: Calories: 336 (Calories from Fat: 198)
Total Fat: 22g (Saturated Fat: 13g)
Total Carbohydrates: 22g (Dietary Fiber: 1g