Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 12 Minutes
This kid-friendly recipe is a great way to work more seafood into your family’s diet. Mild flavors and just the right amount of seasoning is the key to get even your picky eaters to dig in!
Watch video for tips on cooking fish..
March 2023 Dig In Recipe
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. In a shallow dish, combine lemon juice, oil, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, thyme and oregano.
3. Add halibut fillets and turn to coat. Cover and marinate on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Wash hands after handling raw fish.
4. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
5. Place sesame seeds on a plate and set aside. Remove fillets from dish and cut into 3-inch strips.
6. Sprinkle fish strips with salt and pepper and coat all sides with sesame seeds. Place on prepared baking sheet. Wash hands after handling raw fish.
7. Bake until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit as verified with an instant-read food thermometer, about 12 minutes.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Calories: 200, Total Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 83mg, Sodium: 119mg, Carbohydrates: 3g, Fiber: 1g, Sugars: 0g, Protein: 32g