Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 35 Minutes
Enjoy fresh wild caught cod with this delectable recipe. It’s a little zesty with a hint of heat. It’s the perfect balance of flavors that will have your taste buds singing. Just add a side of vegetables to round out the meal and bon appétit.
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Coat a shallow baking dish with cooking spray; add cod fillets. Cut lemon in half and squeeze juice over top of fillets, removing any seeds that may fall into the dish. Pour butter over top and season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until fillets flake when tested with a fork.
4. In a large pan over medium heat, add oil. Add garlic and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden. Add red pepper flakes and thyme; stir. Add tomatoes, sugar, oregano and salt and pepper to taste; simmer for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low to keep warm until fish is done.
5. On a serving plate, place desired amount of sauce in center of plate; place cod fillet over sauce. Top each with some additional sauce and thyme if desired.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, Visit fightbac.org
Nutrition FactsCalories: 273 (Calories from Fat: 63)
Total Fat: 7g (Saturated Fat: 3g)
Total Carbohydrates: 13g (Dietary Fiber: 2g