Cooking Time: 1 Hour
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large bowl, combine cornflake crumbs, cheese, garlic powder, onion powder and salt and pepper to taste; mix well.
3. In a shallow dish, whisk together egg white and buttermilk.
4. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then roll in cornflake mixture.
5. Lay in a baking dish that has been lined with foil.
6. Lightly spray chicken with cooking spray and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink.
7. While chicken is cooking, in a large skillet over medium heat, add oil. Once hot, add onion, carrots and mushrooms and sauté for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
8. Add broth and bring to a boil.
9. Reduce heat to medium and stir in rice and peas.
10. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
11. Remove from heat and let stand, still covered, for 5 minutes before serving.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsCalories: 480 (Calories from Fat: 99)
Total Fat: 11g (Saturated Fat: 3g)
Total Carbohydrates: 32g (Dietary Fiber: 3g