- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightly coat a rectangular baking sheet and slightly smaller cooling rack with cooking spray. Place rack on the baking sheet and set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, add bread, Parmesan, parsley, paprika, garlic powder and thyme; process into fine crumbs and transfer to a shallow bowl.
- Place buttermilk in another shallow bowl.
- Set bowls and baking sheet in a row, in an assembly line.
- Dip chicken into buttermilk, letting excess drip off. Next, coat chicken in crumbs, gently shaking off excess; place on rack. Wash hands after handling raw chicken. Lightly coat tops with cooking spray.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Turn over and bake until chicken reaches an internal cooking temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit as verified with an instant-read food thermometer, about an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and carefully top each chicken breast with pasta sauce and cheese. Return to oven and bake for 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve over pasta, if desired.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Total Fat: 10g,
Total Carbohydrates: 15g
Dietary Fiber: 2g