Recipe featured in the Living Well Eating Smart newsletter #58 (dated 3/26-5/20/15).
Recipe from Avocados From Mexico. For more creative avocado recipes, visit their website!
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Thoroughly spray bundt pan with cooking spray.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder. Set aside.
5. In a large bowl, cream together avocado and sugar until thoroughly mixed.
6. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla, 2 tablespoons lime juice, sour cream, lime zest and coconut flakes. Slowly beat in the flour mixture until just incorporated.
7. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
8. Cool 10 minutes then invert cake onto a plate.
9. For glaze, blend powdered sugar and 3 tablespoons lime juice with whisk and drizzle on cake once cooled. Sprinkle with additional coconut.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!